Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Jingle Bells

Trying a new medium, watercolor pencils. I am enjoying sitting, doing a little sketching then adding a little water to make the colors more pronounced. Also just learned how to scan the photos into adobe photo shop, instead of always taking digital photos, uploading them, then using adobe. Read little blurb today on wisdom, always room for more is what it came down to, and more wisdom will grow on that.

Kermit ornament is on our tree. We give our daughters an ornament each year and this one was given in 2005. It is only about three inches tall and yet the book has the words and music to Jingle Bells. He is a happy creature. I look at Kermit and I think of the song 'It's not easy being green.' Now I can't resist putting all the lyrics here.

"It's not that easy being green
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold
Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy being green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
Not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky

But green's the color of Spring
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like an ocean, or important
Like a mountain, or tall like a tree

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful
And I think it's what I want to be."


You can listen to Kermit on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco

It is good to be what we are

1 comment:

Kim said...

i like kermit...check out my blog