Little different for me, I have used some dark backgrounds but then to make a scene from the wash is unlike any of my other works. This was painted at Emanuel/Teitsworth studio on Saturday. My husband insisted that I go on that day, haven't done much for myself lately. I had my mindset on landscape/foliage practice, but then I walked through their garden and saw their beautiful Red Dahlias. What the heart wants to paint, one must follow! Decided after the flowers were painted that we needed a background, pulled out the indigo, aliz crimson and a mixture of new gamboge and fr. ultramarine. The group in critic saw a night scene, so I thought when I went home to go with it. Had lots of fun, added the dark trees and the reflection in the water. So much fun there may be, no must be, more of these. Paint, then be resourceful in what you perceive then add more. Isn't this supposed to be fun, and it was! 'Nightfall Dahlia' 10" x 14"Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Nightfall Dahia
Little different for me, I have used some dark backgrounds but then to make a scene from the wash is unlike any of my other works. This was painted at Emanuel/Teitsworth studio on Saturday. My husband insisted that I go on that day, haven't done much for myself lately. I had my mindset on landscape/foliage practice, but then I walked through their garden and saw their beautiful Red Dahlias. What the heart wants to paint, one must follow! Decided after the flowers were painted that we needed a background, pulled out the indigo, aliz crimson and a mixture of new gamboge and fr. ultramarine. The group in critic saw a night scene, so I thought when I went home to go with it. Had lots of fun, added the dark trees and the reflection in the water. So much fun there may be, no must be, more of these. Paint, then be resourceful in what you perceive then add more. Isn't this supposed to be fun, and it was! 'Nightfall Dahlia' 10" x 14"
Labels:
flower,
landscape,
night,
paint info,
water,
watercolor,
workshop
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are right-very different for you, but I do like it. Rob O'Brien would too. Keep up the good work!
Glad I came to visit your blog today! Missed these at Tuesday group. Just wonderful.....
Post a Comment